Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nothing to do With Cast Iron - My Quick & Easy Ice Tea!

As the title says this has nothing to do with cast iron. This is my first recipe and it is for ice tea. A lot of times I think of cast iron as a summer use item as in camping or outdoor cooking because you don't want to heat up the house! Summers are for ice tea although I drink it all year long as it makes me feel better than not drinking it with my fibromyalgia. Here is my recipe for Quick and Easy Ice Tea that won't cloud up in the refrigerator and then another version that takes a little longer, is stronger and still won't cloud up in fridge.

Quick and Easy Ice Tea That Won't Cloud Up

I use equal amounts of whole leaf Green Tea, Black Tea and Oolong Tea (I use 3 kinds of black tea, 3 kinds of green tea and 1 kind of oolong but use equal amounts) about 12 to 14 heaping tea spoons full for 2 quarts of tea. I put the tea in a filter or disposable tea bag and use hot water out of the tap (as hot as it gets, usually between 120 and 130 degrees). Steep the tea for 5 minutes and serve over ice.

Stronger Quick and Easy Ice Tea That Won't Cloud Up

Same as above but boil 1 quart of the water and use 1 quart out of the tap as hot as it gets. Steep for the 5 minutes and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment