Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

You Don't Realize Just How Beautiful These Things Can Be Until You Actually Have One In Your Hands


Here are the pictures I've been promising for the No. 240 Turks Head Pan! I haven't had a chance to clean it yet. More pictures once I've cleaned it. This pan is big, 14 5/8 X 10 X 1 1/2. It is heavy, 6 pounds. Most of all it is beautiful even in it's smelly rancid oily uncleaned state.

These pans were manufactured in the 1930's and 40's. They have a book value of $450 to $500. There is only 1 version of this pan and it has a rarity of 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. The book Griswold Muffin Pans says, "It is fairly uncommon but is obtainable." Hope you enjoy the pictures.

For now I am keeping this for my "collection". I guess my collection is this pan along with a #10 Marietta PA Skillet. My other collection consists of pans I cook with every day Lodge, Wagner and yes Griswold.

Every collection has to start somewhere, so in truth I must confess I'm awaiting the arrival of a G. F. Filley #10 Gem Pan. I have my eye on a couple of other pans to add in the near future. I'll let you know. After much thought throughout the day I've had to add 2 other pans that are part of my collection because my family insists that I keep them. I have a Griswold Rabbit Mold and a Griswold Sheep Mold. So suddenly my collection is up to 4 pans with another on the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment