Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Finding Cast Iron

On saturday went to a flee market that is the first saturday of the month. Got a #10 Wagner Ware skillet, a Griswold dutch oven with no lid and 2 muffin pans no names. Then went to a second hand store and got another muffin pan. Today easter sunday went to an auction advertising cast iron and had a look - it was all junk. Drove around a lot went to one of my favorite junk stores - there found a #8 Favorite Piqua skillet, a very large muffin pan and a bread stick pan, no names again. I can clean them all up and sell them.

On the way into the junk store had an interesting little conversation with the owner, typical old tyme Maine person (he's probably well into his 70's). I asked, "How are you doing today sir?"


He replied, "I'm doing good, I have to."


I inquired, "You have to do good?"


He said, "Sure don't you have to do good?"


Then I said, "I guess I do, there are state and federal laws that say I have to."


He said, "Don't they make the rules for you?"


I thought he meant my daughters because they were coming up the stairs at that time so I said, "No they are to young, in a few years I'm sure they will be making rules for me. Doesn't you daughter make rules for you?"


"My daughter, naw, not my daughter," he pondered.


"If not your daughter then who," I asked.


"Everyone else," he said.

I left it at that everyone else makes the rules. I walked away shaking my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment